A high-output, multi-functional, high-end model that is the first Nikon Speedlight to be equipped with a radio control function
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the SB-5000, the new high-end Nikon Speedlight.
The SB-5000 is the first Nikon Speedlight to be equipped with a radio-controlled Advanced Wireless Lighting function, and is also equipped with a cooling system that enables more than 100 continuous full-power flashes. When used with the Nikon D5 or D500 digital SLR cameras released at the same time as the SB-5000, the wireless multiple flash photography that professional and advanced amateur photographers often take on is even more flexible.
- Radio-controlled Advanced Wireless LightingThe SB-5000 is the first Nikon Speedlight to be equipped with a radio-controlled Advanced Wireless Lighting function. Radio control makes wireless multiple flash photography easier in situations where conventional optical control is difficult, such as when remote flash units are positioned behind objects or at greater distances, or when ambient lighting is very bright (supports a communication range of up to approx. 30 m). A more flexible multi-flash system supports capture of even more creative photographic works with advanced wireless lighting.
- *Supported by the D5 and D500 (as of January 6, 2016).
- *Wireless Remote Controller WR-R10 and WR Adapter WR-A10 (both available separately) required. WR-R10 firmware must be updated to enable support for radio-controlled Advanced Wireless Lighting (see Nikon’s website).
- Equipped with a cooling system for significant increase in the number of continuous flashesThe SB-5000 is equipped with a new cooling system that cools the flash head. The cooling system has been significantly improved, keeping the flash panel from overheating and enabling more than 100 continuous flashes. As the cooling system keeps the Speedlight from overheating, professional and advanced amateur photographers can enjoy more comfortable and active flash photography.
- Smaller with improved operationDespite its smaller size, SB-5000 operation has been refined by assigning a number of functions to the rotary multi selector and OK button. Adoption of an button, which offers quick access to frequently used functions, also contributes to more efficient operation. What’s more, when the SB-5000 is used with the D5 or D500, even more agile and flexible flash photography is possible.
Additional Features and Functions
- High output flash with a guide number of 34.5 in FX format and 41 in DX format*
- *At ISO 100, m/ft, 35mm zoom head position, standard illumination pattern.
- Power zoom function with which the SB-5000 automatically adjusts the zoom head position to match lens focal length FX format, Standard illumination pattern: 24-200 mm (14 mm with the built-in wide panel in place) DX format, Standard illumination pattern: 16-200 mm (10 mm with the built-in wide panel in place)
- Bounce capability: Flash head tilts down to 7° or up to 90°, and rotates horizontally 180° to the left and right
- Automatic switching of zoom head position with detection of the camera’s image area setting—FX or DX format—for optimal angle of flash coverage
- Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacture.